[22 Jun 2009] New to Hollywood

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
JosDuchIt

[22 Jun 2009] New to Hollywood

Post by JosDuchIt »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 22 Jun 2009 14:07:28 -0000

Hello

I am new to Hollywood and while i have an Amiga since 1986 i managed to stay away form multimedia and paint programs till now , So i really have a lot to learn. I live in Belgium and have a lovely little granddaughter in N Virginia US. I She is just starting to read and i am sending her letters in htlml format using javascript to make her click buttons, see images and hear sounds, I bought Hollywood since i understand she will be able to see my products (of the same type) on her dad's PC.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A very simple slideshow put together with Designer with background images worked ok (just adding a text and defining the transition effect).

I then got bolder and added some more objects, notably one to which i added onclick sound, and then all went wrong. Pages should be presented on mouse leftclick When a page background appear, the object do not however, and only when i use the leftmouse, they wil appear for a brief moment, just before the next page is shown. I did not have this effect in the firstt version (one text per page) I fail to see what causes this behaviour now. Hope you can help.

Joseph
Ferrule Media

[22 Jun 2009] Re: New to Hollywood

Post by Ferrule Media »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:33:39 -0000

Hello josduchit

Welcome to the mailinglist!

I have done a quick test in hollywood designer :) It is very simple, but I believe i does what you want it to do.

load the hwd-file into designer and take a look. If you want to compile a pc-version remember to use a font that is also available in Windows.

This example has got 4 pages. the third page has a clickable object (added with displaymode "background" - when the mouse is moved over it it will show a hidden object.. and when the mouse is taken away it will hide the object again (making it look like a button when the mouse is over it). It is also possible to add sound to this button

When you click on the button it will go to the next page.

You may ofourse add several buttons to make the presentation go backward an forward.

I'm in a hurry so this is only a very short mail.. but don't hesitate to ask if you got more questions :) Good luck!!

Best regards

Torgeir Ferrule Media Norway
Ferrule Media
Espevikvn 18
5521 Haugesund
Norway
www.ferrule-media.no