[24 Dec 2008] Commercial software made using Hollywood Designer!

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
Ferrule Media

[24 Dec 2008] Commercial software made using Hollywood Designer!

Post by Ferrule Media »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 24 Dec 2008 01:27:29 +0100 (MET)

Yes. it is possible :)

I would like to give you some information about our projects and hopefully inspire other hollywood users.

I'm one of the founders of Ferrule Media (www.ferrule-media.no), a new company that is developing software and informations-channels to be used in dentistry. We are now in the early process of releasing our software in Norway and Denmark. I'm a dentist of profession and an ex demoscene-graphician. None of the Ferrule-team has any knowledge about coding. However, Hollywood Designer offered everything we needed in order to make (what we think is) quality software.

Ferrule Media has at the moment finished two projects:

Project 1 :

Dental Kanal - an informationchannel to be used in dentists waitingrooms. At the moment we cover 23 topics about dentistry. These topics are displayed to the patients while the wait for their treatment.

Project 2 :

Dental Info - a program that helps the dentist in the process of informing patients while they get their treatment in the dental-chair. This is done by offering a series of illustrations to cover problems and treatment of different kind of dental treatment.

On our homepage www.ferrule-media.no you will be able to download demos of our programs to Windows and macOS. There are also lots of screenshots to show of the graphical userinterface and design. (and remember that everything is made using amigaOS 4 / 4.1 and Hollywood Designer). The homepage is written in norwegian and danish.

We showed Dental Kanal and Dental Info to the public in December08 with great success! We believe that 2009 will become an interesting year.

In the end I would like to send some special grettings to Andreas!. I'm not sure if all of you are aware of it, but Andreas made some very important additions to Hollywood Designer when he released version 2.1. The ability to import scripts/merge two or more scripts are important if several people are working on the same project. Also, the ability to link all gfx and other files into the main-executable is very importan to secure the gfx released in our softwaret!

Thanks alot for releasing version 2.1 for free! Also the ability to save executables for both windows and macos in addition to amigaOS is amazing! Without these changes and your great support we would not have been able to finish our products. I do hope that more users will buy Hollywood Designer and see what it has to offer!

I would also like to thank PEB for his help and support! He has helped me solving some coding-questoins and also made the great tool called text2png (released on os4depot.). Text2png is a program that allows you to save text into png-files with alphachannel. By doing this it is possible to have text displayed on hollywood pc/mac-executables even if truetype-font-support is missing at the moment.

Merry Xmas to all of the members of this mailinglist!

best regards

Torgeir Ferrule Media Norway
Ferrule Media
Espevikvn 18
5521 Haugesund
Norway
www.ferrule-media.no
Clyde

[24 Dec 2008] Re: Commercial software made using Hollywood Designer!

Post by Clyde »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:05:04 +0100

Hi Torgeir,

wow, this is really impressive! The screenshots look perfect and what you write sounds very promising! Seems that you have done a very good job. Really cool to see Amiga software used for such things. I really hope that your software will be successful!

What program did you use to create this cool schematics of the periodontal apparatus and stuff? As my girlfriend is also a dentist I am sure she will be very interested in all of this. :-) And therefore I/we will try the demo, too. I am eager to show it to her. :-) Maybe someday you will also extend to the rest of Europe!? But let's wait and see how successful it will be in the Scandinavian countries.

All the best!

Merry Christmas to you and all the folks at the mailinglist!

Greetings from Germany, Micha
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Ferrule Media

[24 Dec 2008] SV: Commercial software made using Hollywood Designer!

Post by Ferrule Media »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:14:41 +0100 (MET)

Hi there!

It is great to hear about your interest - even more so since your girlfriend is a dentist aswell!

We do plan to support other languages in the future - Both Dental Kanal and Dental Info are developed with that in mind. Once all text is translated it will only take a few days to remake the software in order to support other languages.

All gfx and design are made by a my favoritte demoscene-graphician. He is called Morgan "Splif" Thomas, and is located in Paris (France). His homepage is www.bwoup.com.

The illustrations are made in vector-format, and I believe he made it using Adobe Illustrator.

If you want to try out the demos I will give you some hints :

Dental Kanal : The pc/mac-demos are in a lower resolution than the actual product. The correct resolution is 1366 * 768.

Dental Info : the demo is limited to only show illustrations about dental-Implants. Here is some info about how to get the most out of the software :

The mainscreen will show you the 16 topics - 8 topics on each page, and you switch the page by pressing the large arrows.

By pressing a topic you will enter the illustrations :

1) If you click on an illustration it will "zoom" in or out - it will come in handy if the patient sits far from screen.

2) On the illustration-screen you will see a "ferrule media"-logo on the bottom to the right. If you click on the logo you will enter a new meny with an overview of all illustrations present at the given topic, with written descriptions to each picture. This is added to give the dentist an overview of what illustrations are present, and learn how to use the program quicker.

3) On the main-screen there is a info-button - by pressing this you will enter a limitied version of our homepage.

Best regards Torgeir
Ferrule Media
Espevikvn 18
5521 Haugesund
Norway
www.ferrule-media.no
airsoftsoftwair

[27 Dec 2008] Re: Commercial software made using Hollywood Designer!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:26:21 +0100

Very cool to see this and it looks very professional!

Let's hope that this sells well so that you can expand :)