[17 Jun 2009] Hollywoodprograms on Terminal Servers

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
Ferrule Media

[17 Jun 2009] Hollywoodprograms on Terminal Servers

Post by Ferrule Media »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:41:01 +0200 (MEST)

Hi there!

Has anyone experience with running Hollywood-programs from a Terminal Server (Centralized computing)?

Some of our customers are using a terminal server but it seems as if the speed of our programs gets so slow that they are not usable at all - (The program is running in 1024*768 and the gui consists of png-pictures and text... the screengraphics are loaded step by step, very slow).

I have no knowledge about terminal servers so I don't know if there is anything I can do differently to fix this ?

Best regards

Torgeir
Ferrule Media
Espevikvn 18
5521 Haugesund
Norway
www.ferrule-media.no
airsoftsoftwair

[17 Jun 2009] Re: Hollywoodprograms on Terminal Servers

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:52:15 +0200
Hi there!

Has anyone experience with running Hollywood-programs from a Terminal Server (Centralized computing)?

Some of our customers are using a terminal server but it seems as if the speed of our programs gets so slow that they are not usable at all - (The program is running in 1024*768 and the gui consists of png-pictures and text... the screengraphics are loaded step by step, very slow).

I have no knowledge about terminal servers so I don't know if there is anything I can do differently to fix this ?
Hmm... what machine is this exactly? CPU? RAM? Gfx RAM? Which Windows version? Maybe they're running in palette mode (8 bit depth)?
Ferrule Media

[18 Jun 2009] SV: Re: Hollywoodprograms on Terminal Servers

Post by Ferrule Media »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Thu, 18 Jun 2009 01:25:38 +0200

I forgot to mention that the client is connected using the internet, and not a regular network cable. I do not know any specs at the moment Im afraid:(

Torgeir
Ferrule Media
Espevikvn 18
5521 Haugesund
Norway
www.ferrule-media.no
Elwood

[19 Jun 2009] Re: Hollywoodprograms on Terminal Servers

Post by Elwood »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:29:23 +0200

Hello,
It shouldn't be slow. Terminal server runs like this. A user opens a user session on the server. Everything is loaded from the server local harddisk so it should be fast. Then only the display is sent through the network to the user computer.

So if your apps are slow, any other applications using displaying images would be equally slow. In other words, browsing the Internet on a web browser or displaying images using an image program would be slow too.

So it means the network is too slow either on the server side or on the local user side.

I hope it helps.